Monday, January 25, 2010

2010.

















You know what, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I will never be a man of consistency. I try my utter best to channel inspired musings and moments through this portal of cyber-existence but to no avail. I am a person of peaks and troughs, never one to stay the same for no longer than the life of full-creamed milk before it expires into thickly, vomit-inducing proportions. Gosh, even thinking about that evokes my breakfast to resurface.

The year is 2010 - which is basically the year my life takes the turn into career-blooming bliss. Not to say that my '09 wasn't completely counter-productive (recounting the times that arose of when I flexed my artistic-muscle in the screen production cycle somewhere, all of which inevitably lead to my 2-month lunch breaks) and my spirit has certainly undergone a transformation of formidable growth and colour. Before 2010 rose above the horizon, I was situated in green au-natural Melbourne's South, collecting the calm serenity unto myself and reminiscing on my adventurous '09. Many things changed in my life (for the good, for the way bad) over the course and it's all boiled down to this current day. A day that I say, "Hello life," instead of "Hello Centrelink."

As proof of this new lease in my life, I have been steadily working at the Australian Open, as a 'media intranet officer,' (I know, a real job with a REAL title) for just about 2.5 weeks now. Takes some hard-work, focus, and an extremely-friendly/tolerant mindset but once that's all achieved, you're pretty much set for greatness. I've gelled with quite an awesome bunch of folks too (some hailing from the doldrums of RMIT to which I say EY-OOOOO) and I feel like I'm at school again hanging with old friends - so overall, I'm pretty sure that they like me as a person. I am funny after all.

By the way, I'm currently viewing the match between Jie Zheng and Maria Kirilenko (females) and I will go on record to say that it seems a little one-sided with the point corrections. Some may say that Mr. Hawk-eye is being a subtle racist. Between the Chinese woman and the Russian woman, he always seems to be rooting for the hot one, who coincidentally happens to be the Russian. Dodgy....

No comments:

Post a Comment