Thursday, March 11, 2010

In session.



























I've begun comedy writing classes back at good ol' RMIT and I think I'm making strides. Skinny, almost invinsible-looking strides but I'm keepin' on. The class is learning of the fundamental "rules" of joke writing and the benefits of having this innate sense to instigate laughter amongst a person/people. I was sold immediately when I knew my teacher was going to be Tim Ferguson aka Mr. Toothbrush. 15 years on and he still looks like the man of wonder. Not one hair displaced.

It'll take a great deal of paving and crafting to get this right, and I will not be phased by the quick-wit and talent of the bunch I'm currently working with in this endeavour of comedy - for me it'll just take longer to handle. That's what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment